HISTORY, TRIVIAL AND INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LEMON
- Years ago, lemons were presented as gifts to kings due to how rear it was.
- During the European Renaissance, fashionable ladies used lemon juice as a way to redden their lips.
- Lemon trees were a sign of wealth and prestige in the Victorian age.
- A tablespoon of lemon water when freshly squeezed contains only 4 calories.
- Cattles will choose to eat lemons rather than oranges, grapefruits and the likes.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CONSUMING LEMON WATER
Whatever we do in the morning when we wake up is a major factor that determines how the rest of our day transpire. Most of the time, we rush out of the house not taking into consideration what goes into the body. Due to the long sleep, our bodies require hydration to eliminate toxins and rejuvenate our cells. Some take in water in the morning to hydrate the body while others do not. However, that glass or sachet of water can be made effective by adding some slices of lemon to it.
Lemons are acidic to taste, yet are alkaline-forming in the body. It helps in balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. Lemon boosts the immune system naturally with its high levels of vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, bioflavonoids, pectin, citric acid, and limonene.
It is also known that lemon water does not only hydrate and provide the body with oxygen but it also stabilizes our pH levels.
Obviously, we all need water to survive, but just adding a slice of lemon to your morning glass of water can set you up for great digestion and energy for the rest of the day.
HERE ARE 20 THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU DRINK LEMON WATER EVERY DAY
1.Due to the vitamin C and flavonoids of lemon, it works against infections like flu and colds whenever we consume it.
2. Lemon water reduces your chances of getting a stroke.
3. Lemon water helps protects you against cataracts and macular degeneration.
4. It gives clear skin and reduces signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
5. It helps to keep your respiratory system functioning optimally.
6. Lemon water cleanses the bowel by eliminating wastes and helping with regularities.
7. It helps to balance your body’s natural pH levels.
8. It also eliminates or rapidly reduces constipation.
9. Lemon water prevents urinary tract infections in the body.
10.It keeps your breath fresh.
11. Continues use of lemon water prevents mucus buildup.
12. Lemon water can prevent kidney stones forming up in the body.
13. It helps strengthen blood vessels and the immune system.
14. Regulates your metabolism.
15. Lemon water enhances the power of the brain.
16. Drinking lemon water helps your liver to function at a good rate
17. It slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors.
18. It alleviates headaches.
19. Lemon water kills and stops the growth of intestinal worms.
20. The juice of lemons destroys deadly diseases like typhoid and cholera.
The best way to improve your health, look younger than your age and feel more energized by taking in lemon water every morning.
Gone are the days when our ancestors lived long due to healthy living. A life free of food chemicals. In this era when many people are becoming health conscious and are going back to eating natural, healthy food that will keep their bodies, I suggest no better food recipe than adding a slice of lemon to your meal plan.
With the easiest way by adding it to your warm water. Adapt this small but life-changing habit to your daily routine and see your body taking a different turn altogether.